With the release of Windows 8 drawing nearer and nearer it is still possible to download the consumer preview img.
Download Here from Microsoft.com.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multi touch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Keep in mind this is a preview img: ie a beta … so i would not advice running it on a new machine or your main machine instead it would be better to install it on a spare machine or maybe even in a virtual machine to test out.
If any of you have already tried out the preview img, i would like to hear your thoughts so please feel free to post a comment or two.